British writer Tom Vowler's story collection, The Method, won the Scott Prize and the Edge Hill Readers' Prize, and his novels include What Lies Within and That Dark Remembered Day. He is an associate lecturer at Plymouth University, where he completed his PhD. Represented by Ed Victor, Tom is editor of the literary journal Short FICTION, and occasional all-rounder for the Authors Cricket XI. His second collection of stories, Dazzling the Gods, is forthcoming in 2017.
Vowler is not afraid to be new, to be dangerous with it and flaunt his talent.
THE SHORT REVIEW
News / Events
- Reading: 'An Arrangement' - listen here.
- 'Blowhole' - story forthcoming in Unthology 10.
- 'Lucca: Last Days of a Marriage' - forthcoming in The Lonely Crowd.
- Short Story Masterclass at the North Cornwall Book Festival.
- 'There Are New Birthdays Now' - story in Head Land anthology.
- Reading at the Cork International Short Story Festival.
- 'An Arrangement' - story in Issue 3 of Banshee.
- 'Scene Forty-Seven' - flash fiction in the Wales Arts Review.
- 'The Twice Drowned Woman' - story in The Manchester Review.
- 'P is for Peregrine' - essay in the Wales Arts Review.
- 'Romi & Romina' runner-up in the Storgy Short Story Competition.
- Fiction in current Two Thirds North.
- Interview with The Short Story.
- 'Art as response to atrocity' - on writing 'The Grandmaster of Gaza'.
- Short Story Online Masterclass - sign up here.
- 'The Grandmaster of Gaza' in Issue 3 of The Lonely Crowd.
- 'Banging Che Guevara' published in Prole Magazine.
- 'At the Musée d'Orsay' in The Southword Journal. Click here to read.